Book | Slovenia
English title: Social position of the woman and development of family in self-managing socialist society
Keyword(s): feminist movement | inequality | family | emancipation | work, women’s rights | Yugoslavia
Manifest: view document
© Copyright Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
The book is a collection of articles presented at the conference “Social position of woman and development of family in self-managing socialist society” which was organized by the Communist party between the 18th and 20th of March 1976. The conference provoked a polemic debate between the party ideologists and feminists and is considered as feminist “coming out” in Yugoslavia. Authors involved in the clash discussed history and forms of feminist movements, inequality in family, emancipation and work, women’s rights, and feminism and politics.
Articles of six feminist authors are included:
- Sklevicky, Lydia. Od borbe za prava do prave borbe (From the fight for rights to the real fight).
- Cerjan Letica, Gordana. Neki dominantni stavovi suvremenog feminizma o porodici (Some dominant attitudes of contemporary feminism about family).
- Mežnarić, Silva. “Emancipacija kroz rad i pomoću rada” i suvremeni feminizam; poimanje i uloga rada kao emancipatorske vrednote (“Emancipation through work and with the help of work” and contemporary feminism; understanding and role of work as an emancipatory value).
- Pusić, Vesna. O nekim aspektima uloge feminizma u suvremenom društvu (About some aspects of the role of feminism in contemporary society).
- Čačinovič Puhovski, Nadežda. Ravnopravnost ili slobođenje (Equality or liberation).
- Pavlič, Breda. Ciljevi i metode suvremenog feminizma (Goals and methods of contemporary feminism).